14th Regular General Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Istanbul, Turkey, 12-13 November 2009
- Minutes of the 14th assembly
- Participants of the 14th assembly
Agenda with on-line presentations
1. Welcome and opening of the meeting (14h on 12/11/09).
2. Adoption of the Agenda and of the Minutes of the 13th GA (GA Chair).
3. Report of the GA Chairman on the â€˜Bureau meetingâ€™, Brussels, 14/10/09.
4. Report of PAC Chairman (the PAC 5th Session took place in Paris, 29/5/09).
5. Programme Managersâ€™ reports:
- a. ALADIN work in the intersession and outlook for issues at the 14th GA
and CSSI and LTM specific matters
- d.Transversal issues (SRNWP EUMETNET Programmes and directly linked issues)
6. Classical mattersâ€™ for the past year:
- a. Operational report (Claude Fischer);
- b. Maintenance report (Claude Fischer);
- c. Manpower figures for 7-08 to 6-09 (Patricia Pottier).
7.Important issues for the planning; list to be updated if needed (ALADIN PM & CSSI Chair):
- b. Physics (in particular, but not only, in connection with HIRLAM) : MF vues and plans about outlow problems
- c. Update about â€˜Convergenceâ€™ : CSSI chair update about convergence; MF progress status and plans on convergence issues
- d. LAMEPS
- e. LAM-Climate
Special presentation: ALADIN at Turkish state Meteorological Service (Fatih Buyukkasabbasi)
8. ALADIN planning (PAC Chair, ALADIN PM & CSSI Chair):
- a. Upon PAC advice, finalisation and approval of the (minimally) updated version of the 4-year-plan
- b. Planning, if any, of a mid-term checking procedure during 2010 for the 4-year plan;
- c. Process and calendar for final approval of the 2010 work-plan before the end of 2009. Staffing considerations. Difficulties in enforcing priorities;
- d. Discussions and suggestions about the annual suite of actions likely to lead to an optimal establishment of the ALADIN work-plan. Links with the â€˜glidingâ€™ of the 4-year plan.
9.Membership and cooperation matters if any (GA Chair).
10.New ALADIN MoU (GA Chair and ALADIN PM):
- a.Redaction committee;
- c.Anticipated main changes with respect to the present MoU (refinements in the definition of the links with other bodies [HARMONIE, RC LACE, ECMWF, EUMETNET, SRNWP, â€¦], discussions about human resources management, including some redefinition of the interactions between CSSI and LTMs; etc.).
11.Procedure for the choice of the next ALADIN PM (GA Chair):
- a.ToRs and description of conditions of activity;
12.Budget matters (ALADIN PM):
- a.Report about the ongoing execution of the 2009 budget;
- b.Adoption of the 2010 budget;
- c.Royalties-linked issues;
- d.Potential problems for the flat-rate budgetâ€™s handling linked with the change of MoU.
13. Appointments of the GA Chairperson and (potentially) Vice-Chairperson (GA Chair).
15.Date of the next General Assembly (and confirmation of the places for the next two General Assemblies).
16.Closing of the meeting