FULL-POS users guide since cycle 46, updated 8 Oct. 2021
FullPos is a powerful and sophisticated post-processing package. It is intended to be used for operation and research as well. FullPos can perform vertical interpolations, horizontal interpolations and spectral filtering.
This manual, published in January 2021 and updated on 8 October 2021, contains information about the installation, the use and the management of the code of FullPos . Much of the information presented in this document is in principle available inside the code via the comments , especially in the data modules.
If you find any bugs or deficiencies in this software, then please write a short report and send it to the author : Ryad El Khatib.
If you have wishes for new developments inside FullPos , then please write a short report to the author, that could be discussed.
FullPos is a post-processing package containing many features. The following is just a small list of the main available ones :
• Multiple fields from the dynamics, the physics, the cumulated fluxes or the instantaneous fluxes
• post-processing available on any pressure level, height (above output orography) level, potential vorticity level, potential temperature level, isotherm, flight level or model η level
• Multiple latitudes x longitudes output domains, gaussian grids, Lambert or Mercator projection grids including a biperiodicized extension area for spectral limited area models
• Multiple optimisations tunings for the best computational performance (MPI distribution, Open-mp parallelization, vectorization)
• Possible spectral filtering for any field from the dynamic part of the host model
• Customization of the FA names or the GRIB codes of the post-processed fields
• Support for computing extra fields without diving too deeply into the code of FullPos
• Possibility to perform post-processing in-line (ie : during the host model integration) or off-line (out of the model integration)
• Possibility to make arpege,ifs, aladin/arome or aladin/arome history files, starting from a file arpege, ifs, aladin/arome or aladin/arome
• Server mode, to process consecutively several input files of the same nature (same geometry and content)
• Multi-objects mode, to process simultaneously several output geometries of different kinds, starting from the same input file
Link to previous versions of the documentation and the historical doc.
titre documents joints
FULL-POS users guide since cycle 46 , updated October 2021
en Specific documentation Diagnostics ? | OPML ?
Site powered by SPIP 3.2.14 + AHUNTSIC