Regular 14th General Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Istanbul, 12-13 November 2009
14th Regular General Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Istanbul, Turkey, 12-13 November 2009
Agenda with on-line presentations
1. Welcome and opening of the meeting (14h on 12/11/09).
2. Adoption of the Agenda and of the Minutes of the 13th GA (GA Chair).
3. Report of the GA Chairman on the ‘Bureau meeting’, Brussels, 14/10/09.
4. Report of PAC Chairman (the PAC 5th Session took place in Paris, 29/5/09).
5. Programme Managers’ reports:
d.Transversal issues (SRNWP EUMETNET Programmes and directly linked issues)
6. Classical matters’ for the past year:
a. Operational report (Claude Fischer);
b. Maintenance report (Claude Fischer);
c. Manpower figures for 7-08 to 6-09 (Patricia Pottier).
7.Important issues for the planning; list to be updated if needed (ALADIN PM & CSSI Chair):
b. Physics (in particular, but not only, in connection with HIRLAM) : MF vues and plans about outlow problems
Special presentation: ALADIN at Turkish state Meteorological Service (Fatih Buyukkasabbasi)
8. ALADIN planning (PAC Chair, ALADIN PM & CSSI Chair):
a. Upon PAC advice, finalisation and approval of the (minimally) updated version of the 4-year-plan
b. Planning, if any, of a mid-term checking procedure during 2010 for the 4-year plan;
c. Process and calendar for final approval of the 2010 work-plan before the end of 2009. Staffing considerations. Difficulties in enforcing priorities;
d. Discussions and suggestions about the annual suite of actions likely to lead to an optimal establishment of the ALADIN work-plan. Links with the ‘gliding’ of the 4-year plan.
9.Membership and cooperation matters if any (GA Chair).
10.New ALADIN MoU (GA Chair and ALADIN PM):
c.Anticipated main changes with respect to the present MoU (refinements in the definition of the links with other bodies [HARMONIE, RC LACE, ECMWF, EUMETNET, SRNWP, …], discussions about human resources management, including some redefinition of the interactions between CSSI and LTMs; etc.).
11.Procedure for the choice of the next ALADIN PM (GA Chair):
a.ToRs and description of conditions of activity;
12.Budget matters (ALADIN PM):
a.Report about the ongoing execution of the 2009 budget;
b.Adoption of the 2010 budget;
d.Potential problems for the flat-rate budget’s handling linked with the change of MoU.
13. Appointments of the GA Chairperson and (potentially) Vice-Chairperson (GA Chair).
15.Date of the next General Assembly (and confirmation of the places for the next two General Assemblies).
16.Closing of the meeting
- ALADIN People : who, where, how to contact
- (General) Assembly of ALADIN Partners
- ALADIN annual workshops (joint with HIRLAM ASM from 2007)
- ALADIN Local Team Managers (LTM) meetings
- Policy Advisory Committee (PAC) and "Bureau" meetings
- Training courses, Seminars and Working Weeks
- Workshops and Scientific Management Meetings
- EWGLAM/SRNWP meetings and workshops
- On-line registrations
- Software and applications
- About the aladin websites
- Partners only Inscription
Regular 17th General Assembly, Vienna, 13-14 November 2012
Regular 16th General Assembly, Toulouse, 15-16 November 2011
List of (General) Assemblies of ALADIN Partners
Regular 15th General Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Prague, 2010
Regular 13th General Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Lisbon, 06-07 November 2008
Regular 12th General Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Ljubljana, 07-08 November 2007
Regular 11th General Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Budapest, 09-10 November 2006
Extra-Ordinary General Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Brussels, 23-24 February 2006
The 10th Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Bratislava, 21th of October 2005
The 9th Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Split, 29th-31 th of October 2004
The 8th Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Cracow, 31 th of October 2003
The 7th Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Bucarest, 28 th of October 2002
The 6th Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Casablanca, 14 th of January 2002
Informal Assembly, anniversary and MoU signature, Paris, 31st of May, 2001
The 5th Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Vienna, 24th of November 2000
The 4th Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Lisbon, 6th of December 1999
The 3rd Assembly of the ALADIN Partners, Prague, 6th of November 1998
The 2nd Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Brussels, 5th of December 1997
The 1st Assembly of ALADIN Partners, Paris, November 25th, 1996