Verification Working Days, Bruxelles, 27-29 March, 2012
A verification meeting took place in Bruxelles on 27-29 March, 2012.
A. Deckmyn (Be), N. Pristov (Si), J. Rio (Pt), P. Termonia (Be), C. Zingerle (Au), M. Turkmen (Tk)
One of the five short-term ALADIN actions concerns the issue to launch an effort to “define”our users and to coordinate a project on addressing the user requirements. This is related to the problem of the verification of our models and in reality can be split in three complementary tasks:
- identification of verification scores and procedures that are specifically aimed at user needs,
- the (further) development of the verification methods with a common verification toolbox, and besides that,
- the activities need to be supplemented with a regular quality monitoring of the operational forecasts within the consortium.
This should be organized in close collaboration with HIRLAM and the 2011 ALADIN workshop/HIRLAM ASM proposed to renew the impulse by the creation of a verification task force.
The working days’ participants agreed on the following proposals (to be presented and debated during the 2012 ALADIN Workshop :
- Make the quality monitoring tool in Ljubljana sufficiently operational that it will produce monthly quality reports on a regular basis for the operational models in the ALADIN countries. And also it must be easy to access the verification results from outside and sending requests of the users period/parameter/score of interest.
- Develop a common verification toolbox based on the R package, together with HIRLAM.
- Draw up a list of “exemplary” ALADIN end users, from a questionnaire to the partners along with an identified decision-making procedure and verification scores (that will become part of the verification toolbox).
The staff should be identified.
- ALADIN People : who, where, how to contact
- (General) Assembly of ALADIN Partners
- ALADIN annual workshops (joint with HIRLAM ASM from 2007)
- ALADIN Local Team Managers (LTM) meetings
- Policy Advisory Committee (PAC) and "Bureau" meetings
- Training courses, Seminars and Working Weeks
- Workshops and Scientific Management Meetings
- EWGLAM/SRNWP meetings and workshops
- On-line registrations
- Software and applications
- About the aladin websites
- Partners only Inscription
CSSI (+ST, convergence) and HMG/CSSI meetings from 2005
Strategy meeting, Bruxelles, 27-29 September, 2011
BRainstorming on Advanced Concepts –on High Resolution modelling workshop, HR, 17-20 May 2010
HARMONIE 4D-Var working week, Toulouse, 8-12 December 2008
Workshop on deep convection around Arome, Toulouse, 24-25 November 2008
«Convergence» days, Toulouse, 24-25 September 2008
ALADIN-HIRLAM thematic workshops
Scientific Management meetings (informal, AWOC, CSSI, AAA, first HIRLAM) until 2005
Training Course and Working Group on Physics-Dynamics Interfacing, Prague,22-26 November 2004
AROME-ALARO-ALADIN workshop, February 13, 2004, Prague
AROME-ALADIN special workshop, Prague, April 2003