Minimizations in the cycle 39 of ARPEGE/IFS (November 2012)
This documentation describes the minimizations done in ARPEGE/IFS, for example in the 3DVAR and 4DVAR assimilation. First some algorithmic aspects are recalled about minimizers and solving of linear algebra systems. There is then a specific description of the minimizers employed in ARPEGE/IFS (M1QN3, N1CG1 and CONGRAD) and of the applications using these minimizers.
Some algorithms of minimization and of linear systems solving.
Available minimizers in the ARPEGE/IFS and XLA libraries: description and organigrams.
Configurations of use of minimizations, and simulators.
Specific variables of the "ARPEGE" library.
Modules-routines of the "ARPEGE" and "XLA" library.
This author's articles
- Portable versions of MITRAILLETTE and MITRARP: environment files, user’s guide, and list of configurations to be validated (CY40).
- IO in the cycle 39T1 of ARPEGE/IFS (March 2013).
- CFU (cumulated fluxes) and XFU (instantaneous fluxes) in the cycle 39 of ARPEGE/IFS (November 2012)
- Semi-Implicit spectral computations and predictor-corrector schemes in the cycle 39 of ARPEGE/IFS (November 2012)
- Semi-Lagrangian computations in the cycle 39 of ARPEGE/IFS (November 2012)