Basics about ARPEGE/IFS, ALADIN and AROME in the cycle 39 of ARPEGE/IFS (November 2012)
This documentation has the aim to give a general overview of the ARPEGE/IFS, ALADIN and AROME models, for beginners or for someone which know some specific points but has no general overview of the whole models. It can be seen as a synthetic sum-up of some other documentations, and it contains also a list of references as complete as possible which form the set of documentations.
Cette documentation a pour but de donner un aperÃ§u gÃ©nÃ©ral de ce que sont les modÃ¨les ARPEGE/IFS, ALADIN et AROME et de leur contenu, sans trop entrer dans les dÃ©tails, et du mÃªme coup va servir de documentation d’introduction Ã diverses documentations beaucoup plus dÃ©taillÃ©es et beaucoup plus ciblÃ©es aussi qui existent dÃ©jÃ .
Introduction and general purpose of this documentation.
A brief description of ARPEGE, ALADIN, AROME.
The list of available configurations and some basics about the architecture of the code.
The different projects.
The sequences in a forecast suite.
The forecast: configurations 1, 201, 202.
Basics about the physics.
The tangent linear (TL) and adjoint (AD) codes.
Algorithms of assimilation.
Singular vectors calculation and configuration 601.
The other C9xx configurations.
Observation treatment before assimilation.
IO and the different types of files used.
Distributed memory and OpenMP aspects.
An example of operational namelist for ARPEGE.
Launching experiments for ARPEGE and ALADIN.
References and documentation.
This author's articles
- Portable versions of MITRAILLETTE and MITRARP: environment files, user’s guide, and list of configurations to be validated (CY40).
- ARPEGE/ALADIN/AROME IO : call-tree aspects (cycle 39t1, May 2013)
- CFU (cumulated fluxes) and XFU (instantaneous fluxes) in the cycle 39 of ARPEGE/IFS (November 2012)
- Semi-Implicit spectral computations and predictor-corrector schemes in the cycle 39 of ARPEGE/IFS (November 2012)
- Semi-Lagrangian computations in the cycle 39 of ARPEGE/IFS (November 2012)