The HARMONIE System (Presentation, March 2008)
Monday 31 March 2008 par
Presentation of Sami Niemelä during the 2nd AROME training course, Lisbon, 4-7 March 2008 : "Experiences on AROME at HIRLAM institutes – the HARMONIE system" by Sami Niemelä, Ulf Andrae, Lisa Bengtsson and Sander Tijm.
- What is HARMONIE and the HARMONIE system?
- During 2004 and 2005 HIRLAM and ALADIN consortia decided to deepen already existing cooperation in NWP. One of the main goals of the new cooperation is to develop a km scale operational NWP system.
- HARMONIE : Hirlam Aladin Regional/Mesoscale Operational NWP In Europe
- Recent developments within HARMONIE.
- Near future plans
- SURFEX developments (inclusion of forest tile).
- Inclusion of Lake scheme in SURFEX.
- Development of EDMF
- Impact of boundaries and initial conditions on AROME.
- Impact of deep convection parameterization on resolved deep convection.
- Radiation scheme intercomparison and optimization.
- DATA ASSIMILATION (according to work plan)
- Construction and testing of a common 3DVAR system based on ALADIN.
- Setup of a mesoscale surface DAsystem (soil, water surface, snow etc.).
- Remote sensing data: radar reflectivity/winds, GPS, satellite data.